Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cedar Kayak - Day 14



I had a little help today from Caleb. He was pretty impressed with the progress since last weekend. I worked on planning the bow and the stem again. I found a low spot at the bow where a strip did not bridge its neighbors very well. It's an easy fix by gluing a second strip right over the top of the strip that is recessed. By Monday I will be able to sand it down to the correct height.

I turned the boat over to revel the open deck. I modified the stands to support the delicate hull. I turned the stands 90 degrees and cut a couple 2x4's to length that the hull will rest on. I also cut an arc out of the boards and covered them with carpet padding for a soft fit. I'll be ready to strip the deck next!






Project Elapsed Time: 62 Hrs

No comments: