Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cedar Kayak - Day 4 & 5


I spent the weekend get the forms lined up. This wasn't too exciting but vary necessary to get right. I wasted some time figuring out the best technique until I read about a way to use string as a guide. I had confidence that short of a laser beam, this would be the best way to help sight down the forms.
Since I knew there wasn't going to be any loud noises or dust made today, I thought it would be a fun idea for Caleb to come over and watch. This lasted for about 2 hours. Caleb was watching my every move and so desperatly wanted to get down on the ground and hold the strings for me.

After several hours, I got the forms in the right position. It was time to flip the structure aound to take a look at the bottom of the kayak. I used black electrical tape to protect each form from glue. I don't want the strips to get stuck to the forms.

Project Elapsed Time: 19.0 hrs

No comments: